Over 33,000 children are at risk of hunger in South Jersey. The mission of Kids Cafe is to help alleviate child hunger in America by providing nutritious meals for children in a safe and supervised environment.
In response to the growing number of children that are without food in our region, the Food Bank of South Jersey (FBSJ) has established many Kids Cafe sites. Collectively, about 300 children are receiving nutritionally-balanced meals and snacks during the school year from this program. Today, our Kids Café sites can be found in each one of our service counties: Camden, Burlington, Gloucester and Salem.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Food must be provided free of charge without any obligation
- The organization's program must be located within Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and/or Salem counties
- Provide verification from the local school district that 50% of the children served are eligible for the free or reduced lunch programs
- Maintain proper certifications for fire, occupancy and food storage and handling
- Conduct background checks on staff and volunteers who have repetitive contact with children
- Adhere to a predetermined menu and food service schedule
- Identify and maintain a coordination team consisting of at least three paid staff members
For more information on the Kids Cafe Program, contact Falynn Milligan, Manager of Direct Services at (856) 662-4884 x125 or firstname.lastname@example.org