- Compete in Students Change Hunger! Encourage your kids to participate in New Jersey’s annual Students Change Hunger food and fund drive competition! At the end of the challenge, schools that provide the most food to their local food banks will be presented with awards. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Open a Lemonade Stand: With some frozen lemonade and a little help from your parents, you can open a lemonade stand right in your own neighborhood to raise money for the Food Bank.
- Run a Bake Sale: This can be as simple as offering fresh popcorn or homemade cookies. Or you might even bake bread, cakes or pies. You’ll need a location where lots of people come who will be interested in buying your baked goods. You could involve your school, faith community, or even request a booth at a local fair.
- Hold an Art Show: Organize an art show of student work. Instead of tickets, ask for a donation of food or money for the Food Bank. You could even set a theme for the art show, like “Nobody Should Go Hungry” or “One Person Can Make a Difference.”
- The Guessing Game: Fill a big jar with small-shaped candy, like M&Ms – be sure you know how many pieces you’re putting in the jar! Participants pay a $1 donation to the Food Bank to guess how many pieces of candy are in the jar, and they write down guess along with their name and phone number on a slip of paper. The person whose guess is closest to the real number wins the jar of candy.
- Some Healthy Competition: Hold a contest between classes, grades or even schools. Whoever collects the most food for the Food Bank wins an ice cream party or a pizza party.
- Hula-Hoop for Hunger: Organize a Hula-Hoop Marathon at your school, faith community or recreation center. Ask participants to request pledges in advance from their friends or family. For example, supporters could pledge $5 for every 15 minutes of Hula-hooping. You could also organize a walk, run or bike ride for hunger.
For more fundraising ideas, please contact our development office at 856-662-4884 or email email@example.com.