NEED HELP PAYING FOR GROCERIES?
You May Be Eligible for Food Assistance
You may think you shouldn’t need help putting food on the table, but sometimes you do. If you’re having trouble paying for groceries, even if it’s just for a few months, we’re here to help. NJ SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is New Jersey’s food assistance program that can help you buy the groceries you need to eat and be healthy.
SNAP isn’t only for families receiving cash assistance from the state. And you may think that owning your own car, home or even having money in the bank will disqualify you – but it may not.
Get Help with NJ SNAP
If you want to learn more or need someone to help you with your application, SNAP outreach representatives are available. They will talk to you about eligibility requirements, application procedures and the benefits of SNAP. Outreach representatives can answer your questions about applying and assist with your application, but cannot apply for you.
We’re here to help. Contact us TODAY!
Proof Needed to Get Benefits
You will need the following for everyone in your household who is applying:
- A valid ID (i.e. driver’s license, birth certificate, government ID)
- Proof of where you live (i.e. lease, rental agreement, utility bill)*Unless you are experiencing homelessness
- Proof of earned income (i.e. paystubs, employer letter, recent tax records)
- Proof of unearned income (benefits award letter)
- Proof of resources (i.e. bank statements)
- Social Security Number
- Proof of immigration status (for non-citizens)
- Proof of student status (for college students)
You can get more benefits by providing:
- Housing costs (i.e. rent receipt, mortgage statement, property tax bills)
- Phone and utility costs
- Medical expenses for anyone in your household 60+ or disabled
- Child and adult care costs
- Child support paid by a person in your household
Ready to apply now? Access the application here: