Asian Noodles with Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 16-ounce package whole wheat pasta
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup warm water
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bag frozen vegetables such as broccoli , or snow peas, thawed
- Optional Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta using package directions. Make sauce and veggies while pasta cooks.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and warm water. Stir into a smooth, thin sauce.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves. If using, stir in red pepper flakes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add thawed frozen veggies and ½ cup water. Steam in microwave for 3-5 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Pour peanut sauce and steamed veggies over cooked, drained pasta. Toss to combine. Serve warm or cold.
- You can add chicken or tofu.
- Top with sliced cooked chicken breast, firm tofu or any heated leftover veggies if you like
- Add 1/2 tsp minced garlic or minced ginger to peanut sauce
- Try garnishing with rinsed and chopped green onions, cilantro or lime wedges