Fred Wasiak, President & CEO
Fred C. Wasiak was named president and CEO of the Food Bank of South Jersey (FBSJ) in 2018; he oversees all aspects of the organization, including financial sustainability, operational efficiency, community engagement, advocacy, staff enrichment, and board development. Read more…
Lavinia Awosanya, MBA, CFRE, Chief Development Officer (CDO)
In her role as Chief Development Officer, Lavinia Awosanya advances the Food Bank of South Jersey’s mission by leading fundraising, marketing, and partnership cultivation strategies for the region’s largest hunger-relief organization. She also oversees and directs all aspects of donor relations, implementing key strategies for scaling fundraising operations and maximizing results. As a part of the executive team, Awosanya helps shape the strategic direction of the organization with the core mission of feeding residents remaining central to all decisions.
Awosanya joined the Food Bank of South Jersey in 2014, and most recently served as Director of Strategic Partnerships where she headed up corporate partnerships, working with national brands and multinational corporations on key philanthropic initiatives. Awosanya is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and holds an MBA with Rutgers University; she also graduated Cum Laude with a B.Sc. in Business Administration from DeVry University. Her earlier experience includes working in London and New York City for one of the world’s leading beauty and skincare brands as part of the sales and management team.
In 2020, Awosanya received the Outstanding Fundraising Professional award by AFP New Jersey – Southern Chapter and was also named one of Philadelphia Business Journal’s 2020 Women of Distinction. She’s a Rotarian and currently serves as Board Secretary for the Maple Shade Rotary Club. She’s a member of the Feeding America Network Fundraising Advisory Council, and currently serves on the board of AFP New Jersey – Southern Chapter as the Vice President of Education and Ethics.
Kathleen Horton, Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
As CFO, Horton is responsible for all aspects of financial planning, reporting, strategically managing accounting and financial products, and overseeing the Information Technology activities of FBSJ. Horton joined the organization in 2019 and now provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts.
Charlie Hosier, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
As COO, Hosier oversees all aspects of operations, including employee and food safety compliance, inventory control, distribution, programs and services, health and wellness, and food procurement. He also leads the team responsible for planning, implementing, and directing the production, sales, and distribution activities of Just Peachy Salsa. In 2016, Hoiser joined FBSJ as the Director of Operations. Prior to this, he served as General Manager for a large food processing company in South Jersey. Hosier joined FBSJ in 2016.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Megan D. Shea – Vice President of Growth, Yay Lunch
- Altheia LeDuc Partner- Certified Public Accountant, Gold Gerstein Group LLC
- Philip J. Bartholomew – Vice President, Bank of America
- Pam Boyd – Co-founder/President, Thomas/Boyd Communications
- Suzanne Ghee – President & CEO, Thrive Public Affairs
- Diana L. Haussling – Vice President – General Manager, Colgate-Pamolive
- Kate A. Latimer – Vice President, Human Resources, The Barclay Group
- Frank C. Plum, Jr. – President, Workplace HCM, Inc.
- Douglas A. Schaeffer – EVP, Executive Director, Woodforest National Bank
- Neal D. Walters – Partner & Practice Group Leader, Ballard Spahr LLP
- James Mbassa – Vice President Information Technology, Catalyst Inc
- Darlene Trappier – Executive Director, Beacon of Hope Inc.
- Mike Matheis – Director Civil Engineer Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurt, US Air Force
- Frederick C. Wasiak – President & CEO