Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ball pizza dough (for one pizza)
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked chicken chopped small (about 1 can)
- 3/4 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped, stems discarded
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Chop the leaves of the cilantro.
- Cook the onion and pepper in vegetable oil over medium heat until they are tender and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Remove them from the heat. Combine the cooked, chopped chicken with ½ cup of BBQ sauce.
- Lightly dust a clean countertop with flour. Roll the pizza dough to the thinness of your preference. Place the pizza crust on the baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir ½ cup of barbecue sauce and tomato paste together. Use large spoon or pastry brush to spread the sauce onto the pizza crust. Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese on the crust, followed by the chicken, cooked vegetables, and the cilantro. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes. Check that bottom of the crust has browned and all of cheese has melted before you remove the pizza from the oven.
Allergen warning: Contains: Wheat, Dairy
Serving: 158gCalories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 12gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 920mgPotassium: 379mgFiber: 2gSugar: 17gCalcium: 94mgIron: 2mg