The Camden Youth Advisory Council is a leadership group made up of students from all Camden public high schools and Davis and Morgan Village middle schools. In this program, Camden youth are empowered to advocate around youth-identified issues that directly impact school, food, water, and the health and wellness of Camden City residents.
In addition to identifying issues and developing initiatives to address them, the CYAC also acts as an advisory board for the Campbell’s School Food Collective, Full Futures. The mission of the Collective is to foster a school nutrition environment that ensures all students are well nourished and ready to thrive at school and in life.
CYAC members are expected to share ideas, perspectives, and feedback on projects implemented by the Collective and identify gaps in service delivery.
- Middle school students from Davis and Morgan Village middle schools in grades 6-8
- High school students in grades 9-12 currently attending a public high school in Camden
- Attend meetings twice a month after school
- Bring your voice, perspective, and sense of humor to every meeting
- Be open to hearing from people who may have a different perspective than you
Compensation and Benefits:
- Middle schoolers earn $15 per meeting
- High Schoolers earn $20 per meeting
- Conditions permitting, food will be provided at every meeting held at the school
- If live classes are not optional, classes will be held during ZOOM
- Networking opportunity with cross-sector professionals during the year