Love shows like Chopped and Master Chef? Ever question how great it must be to experience the sights and smells in those kitchens? Well, wonder no more! Join us for South Jersey’s hottest cook-off.
Satiate all your senses – don’t miss out on this fun-filled event! Watch as local teams battle it out in the kitchen in hopes of becoming Food Bank champions. All proceeds from this entertaining, family-friendly event benefit the Food Bank’s hunger-relief programs.
The Food Bank Hunger Games is an entertaining, team-building challenge where corporate teams get one box of mystery ingredients and 45 minutes to whip up a dish for a panel of judges in a LIVE cooking competition.
will pick 1 chef • 1 sous chef • 2 prep people
will have 45 minutes to cook and present meal to the judges
will have 1 box of identical food items (the contents of the boxes are similar to the types of food distributed by the Food Bank to those in need)
The judging panel is made up of media/food-savvy critics. They will base their decisions on the following criteria – taste, presentation, and use of three of the five MyPlate components.
The 2023 Hunger Games
Our Host: Jennifer Lewis-Hall
Jennifer Lewis-Hall is a dynamic and highly accomplished news anchor, producer, communications, and multimedia executive. Inducted into the Mid-Atlantic Emmy’s Silver Circle, Jennifer is a two-time Emmy-nominated broadcast journalist and Pennsylvania Broadcasters Award recipient committed to covering and raising awareness on complex issues that have nationwide implications, including healthcare, politics, and education. Read more.
Our judges are owner and chef Rakesh Ramola from IndeBlue restaurant in Cherry Hill; Chief Family Officer of EMZ Corp, which owns Norma’s Restaurant in Cherry Hill, Elias Bitar; Camden County Commissioner Virginia Betteridge; and author and editor of NJ PEN, Matt Skoufalos.
Think your staff can cook? PROVE IT!
ASSEMBLE YOUR TEAM AND REGISTER TODAY FOR THE FOOD BANK HUNGER GAMES!
PARTICIPATING COMPANIES ENJOY MANY BENEFITS:
- One team of four participants
- Eight free admissions
- Company brand on event marketing materials, website, social media, and email campaigns
- Company brand displayed at event
- Opportunity to help alleviate hunger and feed nearly 200,000 of your South Jersey neighbors in need
- A chance to win the champions trophy
WINNERS RECEIVE BAR RECEPTION FOR UP TO 20 GUESTS
- Company brand on event marketing materials: website, social media & email campaigns
- Company brand displayed on live streaming banners during event
- An opportunity to submit a 30-second video to be included in social media event promotion
- A chance to help alleviate hunger and feed more than 200,000 of your South Jersey neighbors
- Signature Event Sponsor
- Dessert Area Sponsor
- Wine Area Sponsor
- Food Area Sponsor
- Apron Sponsor
- Bag Sponsor
- Ingredient Sponsor