- 6 Kiwis (peeled and sliced)
- 1 pint strawberries ( sliced)
- 1 can (6oz) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (20oz) pineapple chunks
- Put Kiwi, mandarin oranges, and pineapple in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a roasting pan, baking dish, or a plastic container, and stir in strawberries. The dish should be large enough so that the liquid is not more than 1 inch deep.
- Freeze the mixture for 1 hour. Remove it from the freezer, and scrape with fork to break up the ice.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until solid (about 2 to 3 hours), scraping with forks every hour or so. When the granita is frozen, scoop it into small cups and serve it immediately.
- If freezing overnight, remove from freezer about 2 hours prior to serving for easy scooping.
- Also try fruits such as oranges, watermelons, or other canned fruits
Serving: 290gCalories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 2gFat: 0.5gPotassium: 501mgFiber: 6gSugar: 38gCalcium: 52mgIron: 1mg