“Leftovers” Fried Rice
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- Cooked, broccoli, carrots, green/yellow peppers, celery, onions, snap peas, water chestnuts, and/or any other leftover vegetable(s)
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 10-12 oz. firm tofu or chicken cubed and cooked
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook chicken or tofu until slightly browned.
- Add vegetables and rice, stir frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and bring everything to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
Serving: 379gCalories: 430kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 26gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1280mgPotassium: 384mgFiber: 4gSugar: 9gCalcium: 53mgIron: 3mg