Oldways Yuca Fries
- 2 medium sized yuca roots peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Dried or fresh thyme
- sea salt
- Peel the waxy brown skin from the yuca roots and slice each one in half, widthwose, to make 4 pieces.
- Place yuca in medium-size pot or saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil with a pinch of sea salt. Cook the yuca until you can poerce it with a fork (about 20-25 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- When cooked, drain water and dry the yucca on a paper towel.
- When cool enough, pat the yuca dry, remove the fibrous stem from the middle, and slice the yuca into “French fry” sticks. Place the fries on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with thyme, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Use as much thyme as needed to dust each fry.
- Bake the fried in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden, turning once.
* A perfect pair for garlicky dipping sauce like Oldways’ Garlicky Dill Mojo Sauce.
Calories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0.5gSodium: 160mgSugar: 2g