Orange Oatmeal Pancakes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In another large bowl, crack egg. Beat lightly with a fork.
- Add orange juice, milk, and canola oil to egg.
- Coat large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- Pour ¼ cup batter into hot pan for each pancake. Adjust heat as needed to avoid burning.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles appear on top of the batter and the edges are slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Cook until second side is slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes more.
Chef Notes: Make a double batch, cool, and then freeze the cooked leftovers. To prevent the pancakes from sticking together, layer waxed paper between each pancake. Place the stack in an airtight container or zip-top plastic bag. Freeze for no more than 6 weeks. Warm pancakes in a microwave or toaster oven for a quick breakfast.
Serving: 112gCalories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 6gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 140mgPotassium: 140mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gCalcium: 398mgIron: 2mg