Vegetable and Beef Stew
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 can potatoes no salt added
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 8 cups beef stock
- 1 lb any type of beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz. can
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add half the beef and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned, about 2 minutes. Remove the beef and transfer to a separate plate. Add the remaining beef and cook until browned, then remove and transfer to the plate
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pot. Add in the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, celery and potatoes. Continue sautéing for another 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients along with the cooked steak to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Bring the pot to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover pot. Let the stew simmer for at least 20-30 minutes, or until the steak and vegetables are all tender. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the stew warm.
Serving: 502gCalories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 17gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 230mgPotassium: 759mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gCalcium: 43mgIron: 2mg